On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 2:46 AM, Ant <a...@zimage.comant> wrote:
> On 9/24/2009 8:46 AM PT, Martin Freitag typed:
>

>>> http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/free-utility-really-does-speed-firefox.htm
>>> works for Firefox. Is there one for SeaMonkey v1.1.18?
>>
>> http://www.crystalidea.com/speedyfox  says:
>> "Mozilla Firefox is a fast browser, but with the lapse of time it starts
>> working much slowly. The reason is fragmentation of profile databases. A
>> free tool SpeedyFox is designed specially to resolve that problem"
>>
>> Don't take it granted but AFAIK Mozilla 1.1.x does not use SQLITE
>> databases.
>> regards
>
> Thanks (same for Paul). Trying to tweak old SeaMonkey v1.x. :)

One thing that was slowing my Seamonkey 1.x down very badly was my
download history. Apparently I had never cleared it, ever! I don't use
the download manager, so I never had any reason to open it. It was
causing downloads to take quite some time to begin or end (can't
remember which), probably because it was reading and updating this
huge list of years worth of downloaded files.