Mark Hansen wrote:
On 09/27/09 17:59, DoctorBill wrote:
Three questions:

1.  I have Dial-Up.

It take a long time to get connected.

The SM 1.1 browser throws up this message window.

ALERT
   2147942487

Looks like you asked this before:

<http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22ALERT+2147942487%22>

It then takes two tries to get rid of it - unless I load
another web site - then it "X's" out immediately.

Why ?

2.   as an aside - do I dump all the News headers by erasing the .msf file ?
i.e. to start over....?

3. I can get "wireless" here in my country town 20 miles from the "big city".

Is wireless essentially readable by anybody here with wireless?
i.e. no privacy (Bank, Stock Trading, etc) ?

That depends on the wireless. To make the communication secure, they
can encrypt it. You can ask them if they provide this. When the
communication is encrypted, it is much harder for anyone to read
it (not impossible, but depending on the level of encryption used,
the odds can be astronomical).

Best Regards,

"Looks like you asked this before"

Lord!  You're right !

I guess my old mind is going....I forgot about that.

I dumped my .msf file and couldn't do a search.

Sorry about that.

I seem to have to re-invent the wheel every year or so.

Ready for a "'Home" and soft food....

DoctorBill

--
The United States Congress is not the cure.
The United States Congress is the disease !