Hartmut Figge wrote:
Arnie Goetchius:

I normally like to have my newsgroup sorted by:

Order Received
Descending
Threaded

The default appears to be Ascending instead of Descending

Is there anything in about:config,for example:

mailnews.default-news-sort-order

that I can change to accomplish what I want?

----- mailnews.js -----
// default sort order settings (when creating new folder views)
// sort_order is an int value reflecting nsMsgViewSortOrder values
//   as defined in nsIMsgDBView.idl (ascending = 1, descending = 2)
// sort_type is an int value reflecting nsMsgViewSortType values
//   as defined in nsIMsgDBView.idl (byDate = 18, byId = 21 etc.)
pref("mailnews.default_sort_order", 1); // for Mail/RSS/... (nsMsgDatabase)
pref("mailnews.default_sort_type", 18); //
pref("mailnews.default_news_sort_order", 1); // for News (nsNewsDatabase)
pref("mailnews.default_news_sort_type", 21); //
---------------

----- nsIMsgDBView.idl -----
   const nsMsgViewSortOrderValue none = 0;
   const nsMsgViewSortOrderValue ascending = 1;
   const nsMsgViewSortOrderValue descending = 2;

   const nsMsgViewSortTypeValue byNone = 0x11; /* not sorted */
   const nsMsgViewSortTypeValue byDate = 0x12;
   const nsMsgViewSortTypeValue bySubject = 0x13;
   const nsMsgViewSortTypeValue byAuthor = 0x14;
   const nsMsgViewSortTypeValue byId = 0x15;
   const nsMsgViewSortTypeValue byThread = 0x16;
   const nsMsgViewSortTypeValue byPriority = 0x17;
   const nsMsgViewSortTypeValue byStatus = 0x18;
   const nsMsgViewSortTypeValue bySize = 0x19;
   const nsMsgViewSortTypeValue byFlagged = 0x1a;
   const nsMsgViewSortTypeValue byUnread = 0x1b;
   const nsMsgViewSortTypeValue byRecipient = 0x1c;
   const nsMsgViewSortTypeValue byLocation = 0x1d;
   const nsMsgViewSortTypeValue byTags = 0x1e;
   const nsMsgViewSortTypeValue byJunkStatus = 0x1f;
   const nsMsgViewSortTypeValue byAttachments = 0x20;
   const nsMsgViewSortTypeValue byAccount = 0x21;
   const nsMsgViewSortTypeValue byCustom = 0x22;
   const nsMsgViewSortTypeValue byReceived = 0x23;