Martin Freitag wrote:

It runs without a classic installer. It performs all file copy
operations etc. after a single click (or two). Afterwards you just have
to confirm the restart of SM afaik.

Thanks. I don't know how it happened, but somehow it updated itself from SM2.0 beta to SM2.0 RC1. I'd been working in another program, I noticed the little Seamonkey pop-up in the bottom right of the screen saying an update was available, but I don't remember clicking on any confirmation dialog... When I went to use SM the next day there was a progress bar, then it made me confirm SM is the default client, then it was suddenly on 2.0 RC1!

From your answers, I'm guessing fully automatic update is impossible with SM, so maybe I'd pressed a key which dismissed a confirmation dialog.

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)