Hi Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, Lightning users

We are one and a half weeks away, if the developers stay on schedule,
before we get
builds for the first RC. Like I did for Thunderbird 3.0b4, I'd like to
get some people willing to spend from 20 minutes to one hours testing
the builds and reporting it in Litmus.

For the last round of testing we ended up with 10/12 volunteers signing
up and almost all of them showing and doing tests. I'd like to thank
them publicly because without them we wouldn't have felt sure that our
build was good. Since then we had the upgrade from earlier version test
day which found a few bugs.

The next round is testing RC1 - which if quality is there , might become
the final Thunderbird 3.0 build. To make sure That we are going to test
it as much as can be, this time instead of having a BFT we'll test using
FFT. This doubles the numbers of tests that need to be run in order to
get 100% coverage. This also mean that getting more people on board will
seriously help reduce the time needed to complete the tests.

Last time I forgot to ask what people were interested in, so this time
to sign up you'll need to send me an email, with following information :

    * What kind of account you have access to (POP, Imap, SSL, RSS, NNTP)
    * What kind of OS you want to test on (Linux, Windows Vista, Windows
XP, Mac OS (version)/Intel/PPC,OpenSolaris x86, Solaris /Sparc)
    * What would you have interest in testing (if there are thing you
don't want/ can't test let me know too)

You will also need to have a account on Litmus and an account on Bugzilla.

With that I'll build a list of things that I would like  you to test and
will send you a personal email when the starting effort starts with all
the needed information.

Ludovic
--
Ludovic Hirlimann MozillaMessaging QA lead
http://www.spreadthunderbird.com/aff/79/2