I have four profiles with SM 1.1.18.  I use six extensions.  I install
five of those extensions in the SM root because I want them to appear in
all four profiles.  Only FlashBlock is installed in the profiles,
because it doesn't have an option for root installation.

I was told that root installation of extensions (now called add-ons) is
not possible for SM 2, but that there is a way to do global
installation.  How?

David E. Ross