Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 21:44:07 -0400
From: Leonidas Jones<leonidasjo...@netscape.net>
To:support-seamonkey@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Re: Subject: Re: Where To Install SM2..

James wrote:
>  Then why is this note on the Seamonkey page under Installation?
>

>>  Installation
>>
>>  Please note that installing SeaMonkey 2.0 will overwrite your existing
>>  installation of SeaMonkey. You won't lose any of your bookmarks,
>>  browsing history or mail and news messages, but some of your
>>  extensions and other add-ons might not work until updates for them are
>>  made available.
>>
>  .
>  .
>  Thanks,
>  James
>  .
>  .
>>  First of all, even if you install SM 2.0 in the default location, it
>>  will not overwrite the existing SM 1.1.x. It installs to its own
>>  location, and sets up a new profile in a new location. As long as you
>>  do not uninstall SM 1.1.x, you cn easily run the two independently of
>>  each other.

Well, all I can say is that installing 2.0 on Win XP SP3 installed to a
separate SeaMonkey folder in Program Files, leaving 1.1.14 untouched in
the mozilla.org folder.

On the other hand, on Mac OS X, I installed it as instructed to
Applications, which did overwrite 1.1.18.

At least that is what happened to me.

Lee