Now that we have moved to SM 2.0, I came back to an issue I wondered a
long time ago:
Copernic Desktop Search supports (indexes) Thunderbird mails.
Seamonkey uses essentially the same format as TB, however, CDS does not
recognize the SM mail folders.
So, CDS probably checks either a fixed location or a TB config file to
find the emails.

Now, this is evidently a problem with Copernic. I tried requesting this
feature of them, I tried for years, and they ignored me. Makes me want
to switch search programs -- however, it's still better than the

So, what I was thinking... would it be possible to make a "dummy"
Thunderbird installation in order to fool Copernic into indexing
Seamonkey mail? Has anyone managed to do it?

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

... Conway's Law: In any organization there is one person who knows what
is going on.  That person must be fired.
* TagZilla 0.0661 * on Seamonkey 2