On Oct 28, 9:35 pm, Tony <acvickers1_no_s...@juno.com> wrote:
> I work as a computer tech. One of my customers bought a new Vista home
> Premium 64 machine (with free Win 7 upgrade).
>
> Their old machine has XP Home on it. I used the vista Easy Transfer
> utility to transfer their docs & settings over but the SM 1.1.x profiles
> seemed to be incomplete. I tried installing SM 1.1.18 on it and then
> copying the profiles over via the network - limited success.
>
> I saw an article about how to import / migrate multiple profiles into SM
> 2.0. That worked on their other XP machine quite well when I upgraded it
> to SM 2.0. but I am still not seeing a good set of profiles on the new
> machine.
>
> Any help would be most appreciated. thanks in advance!
>
> And many kudos to the SM team for an outstanding product!!!

XP / Vista store their Profiles in differing default locations.
Think if you were to setup SM under Vista allowing its Profile to go
into default location, then migrate XP Profile into that new Profile.
(Vista with its virtualized directory structures - bleh!)
That would be my idea.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_SeaMonkey#Default_profile_location