Is there some way to lock the cookies so that subsequent browsing does
not change existing entries?  With SM 1.1.x, I originally set
cookies.txt to read-only.  When a bug was introduced that caused
read-only settings to be ignored, I then created a backup file called
cookies.bak.txt; before launching SM, I would execute a script that
would copy cookies.bak.txt over cookies.txt.  Since cookies are now in
an squlite database, this won't work.

This is especially wanted while I browse bug reports in the
bugzilla.mozilla.org database.  I had a set of default cookies that
caused Bugzilla to display in a certain way.  If I changed a display, it
would be only for that one session.  Now if I change a display, that
becomes the default display the next time I enter Bugzilla because my
cookies are changed.

For example, when I login, I want the short "Find a Specific Bug"
display.  However, if the last thing I did was run an advanced search,
my next login gives me the long "Advanced Search" display.  As another
example, I want the default for query lists to be by bug number.  If I
do a sort on status, that now becomes my default.

How can I lock a set of default cookies so that they will be in effect
the next time I launch SeaMonkey?

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>