On 11/2/2009 4:43 PM David E. Ross wrote:
Wallet is no longer used by Password Manager; instead, Satchel is used.
 Bug #425145 contains a discussion about whether or not to honor a
site's blocking of Password Manager.  That is, whether to allow users to
override that blocking.  The discussion in that bug report, however,
confuses me; I cannot tell if any conclusion was reached.

Thus, the questions are:

1.  Do the wallet.crypto and wallet.crypto.autocompleteoverride
preference variables still allow use of Password Manager in SM 2 for
sites that block that use?

Please re-read the summary (title) of bug 425145:

"Restore 'wallet.crypto.autocompleteoverride'-like feature in SeaMonkey after LoginManager migration"

Since the bug is not fixed, doesn't that clearly imply that the pref currently *does not* work in SM 2?

2.  If not, does the capability exist in SM 2?  If so, what preference
variables should be set?

See above.

BTW:

<http://www.smart-roadster-club.de/off-topic/mozilla/extensions/activate-autocomplete/>