On 11/11/2009 02:51 PM, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> I have put my full config up as screen shots:
>    http://www.tmr.com/~davidsen/Private/E-S_post_bug_SM2/
>
> Note that SeaMonkey sends *no packets* to the NNTP host, other than
> "always offer auth" my working server definitions, those without auth
> needed, are identical.
>
> I have "Fails for me" about 2:1 over "Works for me," but obviously it
> works for someone.
>
> Linux, Fedora-11, updated a few days ago.

You know, I offered some time back to assist you off list/group. That
would have included sending you screenshots, but your reply was:

>> > So not sure what the issue could be on your system. However, for the
>> > sake of keeping this thread to a minimum, I'll be happy to test other
>> > scenarios if you'll contact me directly (just drop the .invalid from the
>> > email address & keep the same subject so that I don't automatically drop
>> > the msg in the spam filters). I can test on linux (ubuntu 9.04 & 9.10 -
>> > gnome only, I'm alergic to kde), WinXPPro & Win2KPro (both fully updated).
>> >
> I noted the test I made, new profile, new install with no migration, even new
> Fedora in a fresh virtual machine. All behave the same. No clue... :-(

So good luck with that.

I do notice in your
http://www.tmr.com/~davidsen/Private/E-S_post_bug_SM2/SS-es-1.jpg that
your outgoing server is: localhost (Default). Do you actually expect to
post to news.ethernal-september.org via 'localhost (Default)'?