Seth Plait wrote:
I don't know if this is a bug but it's at least confusing. In the
privacy & security settings I have configured SeaMonkey to "always clear
my private data when I close SeaMonkey". Now, if I enable "erase
browsing history" and disable "erase location bar history" and then
close and restart SeaMonkey, the location bar autocompletion no longer
works for URLs that I typed in before closing the browser. However,
those URLs are still shown in the drop-down box. Disabling "erase
browsing history" makes autocompletion work across restarts. I always
thought the browsing history was just a list of links that I followed.
Did I miss anything?

Starting with SeaMonkey 2 the location bar autocompletes against the browsing history, including page titles (can be tuned in Preferences), just like in Firefox. The location bar history (what you actually typed) is only used for the drop-down that can be opened using the marker at the right end of the location bar.

HTH

Jens

--
Jens Hatlak <http://jens.hatlak.de/>