Rex wrote:
Daniel wrote:

Rex, why would you want to drag it to the address bar?? Why not just
click on it??

(I know you say you can do it in FF, I'm just wondering why anybody
would want to??)

Daniel

I use the LinkAlert extension, which shows a mouseover icon to indicate the type of URL pointed to. Sometimes a link is set to open in a new window/tab whereas I want it to open in the current tab only. So I find it easy to just drag the link to the current tab's addressbar.

Years of being accustomed to FF's memory leaks has habitualized me to minimize the number of open tabs as much as I can, so if the current page with the link I want is not interesting enough for me, I'd rather reuse the tab than open another one.

"It's not *you* that is the problem, it's all
the other people on the net."
                            -- Peter da Silva