[Excuse this if it's a duplicate.  Local evidence suggests that the
first attempt to sending this didn't make it to the list.]

I'm having trouble with a mental block I'm not seeing.

I can't get CDATA sections in HTML to work.

For example, the following HTML:

   <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
     "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd";>
       Tes<![CDATA[t]]>ing

displays "Tesing".  That is, the CDATA section seems to be being
ignored.

I think I'm following the syntax shown in the HTML specification
at http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/appendix/notes.html#h-B.3.5, but
it's not working in SeaMonkey (1.x) or IE, but I can't see
what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks,
Daniel
--
(Plain text sometimes corrupted to HTML "courtesy" of Microsoft Exchange.) [F]