Norvin wrote:
Leonidas Jones wrote:
Norvin wrote:
Using SM 1.1.18 and XP home and for the past few days I have been
getting the following message when trying get my mail:
"could not connect to server pop.att.yahoo.com the connection was
refused". This will happen for a short period of time and hour or so
later it will start working for whatever reason. It has been off and on
for a few days and I am not sure where to even start looking for a
problem or who to call. I have checked my yahoo home using the internet
side of SM and I can get my mail there. Any suggestions or directions
that I may try.
Thanks

This has been a problem, but, unfortunately, only those with that ISP can give specifics. I hae ATT Worldnet iservers set up, and they are working without issues.

So you have SSL enabled on the account?

Lee
Yes, SSL is enabled
Now its working again, for how long?????

Seems to be an att issue. For a work-around, switch the incoming port to 110, which will also uncheck ssl. The issue is intermittent, seems to be regional and affects more than just seamonkey, so you should use the work-around for now, until att gets whatever issue they have with pop.att.yahoo.com fixed. Switch back to ssl/995 on occasion. If the issue recurs, go back to 110.

--
norm