I'm working with Mac OS 10.6.2, and SM 1.1.18.

In the last several days, my _Inbox_ shows message count discrepancies with what the upper left folder window indicates (say 15 messages unread, and 2484 total messages) and what actually shows up in the main message window, when I select to display only unread messages, is perhaps 5 unread messages and 828 messages total!)

If I shut down Inbox and Home Account, then SeaMonkey, and after 10 seconds or so, reopen each folder, my messages revert to actual ~ 5 and 828.

Soon, it reverts (as I move from folder to folder, and visit URLs on the 'net, then return to Inbox.
It's never done this before.

No, I have no idea what I might have recently done, or downloaded that might have interfered with smooth operations of SM.

I have opened Disk Utility App. and repaired Disk Permissions, to little avail.

Who has an idea what I might try next?

A literal map leading me to go delete the Inbox .msf file might work, I guess.

Any help much appreciated.

keith whaley