Daniel wrote:
Martin Freitag wrote:
rocek schrieb:
I am experiencing similar problems, and went so far as to ask our
systems people at the University of Delaware to check it out; they
downloaded Seamonkey 2.0 and couldn't get it to work with our servers
with any combination of settings (Seamonkey 1.x worked fine). I also
have been unable to get the SMTP settings to work with Speakeasy's SMTP
server (my isp), which had no problem with Seamonkey 1.x; I tried
authentication on and off, as well as playing with multiple options. So
far, the only SMTP server that's worked for me is google. Are there some
compatibility issues in the new setting options? Thanks for any
suggesitons....Tom

Tried to apply obones' instructions at the end of this thread?
regards

Martin

Martin, whilst Rocek may well have had some Passwords come across from SM 1.x into SM 2.0, I'm guessing that the U of C probably didn't have SM 1.x on their system, so would not have had any PW's to carry over.

Just guessing, though....

Daniel

Error... should have been "U of D" rather than "U of C"!!

Daniel