u...@domain.invalid wrote:
chicagofan wrote:
u...@domain.invalid wrote:
I am unable to send e-mail with seamonkey 2.0 when I click send it pops
up an box saying:   <snip>

I don't have the authenticate box checked.
Anyone know whats going on?

Under your user account's Mail/Newsgroup Menu, have you checked your
settings under "Outgoing Server [SMTP]"?

If not, click EDIT from your toolbar/Click Mail&  Newsgroups Account
Settings/ Click "Outgoing Server (SMTP)"/then CLICK... "EDIT" on the
default settings for your server. Make sure the box is NOT checked to
authenticate... in that pop up box.

I apologize if you have already done this, but there is more than one
"authenticate" box in SM, and this is what happened to me, when I
upgraded to 2.0. That box had been checked to authenticate, although it
wasn't needed by my ISP [or in my previous settings]. When I changed
this, my problems went away. HTH someone.
bj

thanks chicagofan. the authenticate box wasn't checked but the one
saying use name and password was and when I unchecked that I was able to
send.
thanks
Charles

I'm delighted this helped you [ and Jim ] resolve your problem with SMTP settings. This was the only consistent [short term] problem I had after upgrading, and others here helped me. :)
bj