Rex wrote:
Martin Freitag wrote:
Rex schrieb:
I've noticed this when typing in a text area.

I've typed some text, and then changed focus from the textarea.
When I click back on it, nothing happens unless I click exactly where I
was last editing. I click anywhere else, the textarea does not acquire
focus, the mouse arrow remains an arrow (doesn't change to the text
cursor) and the cursor does not appear.

To put it another way, if I click on a text area that has text in it, I
expect the text cursor to appear where I clicked. This does not happen.
If I click at the last letter that I typed, then the cursor appears, and
I have to navigate by keyboard to get back to where I want to edit.

WFM. Any example page maybe?

regards
Martin

Try commenting on an article at slashdot.org.

I just went to slashdot.org, and started a comment. The text area is behaving quite normally. I started a comment, clicked outside the field, then back in and the cursor reappeared. I noted a typing error (how unlike me) and clicked to place the cursor in order to correct it. It worked, no need for the back arrow on the keyboard.

I then went back, started this response, then back to the browser and slashdot, and repeated the above. From here its working exactly as it should.

You could try starting SeaMonkey in safe mode, though I doubt its actually a SeaMonkey problem. Worth a try anyway.

Lee