Daniel wrote:
Hartmut Figge wrote:
Daniel:

If I set the preference news.persist_server_open_state_in_folderpane to
TRUE, I would expect the *news* *server* in the *folderpane* to appear
*in* the *open* *state*!!

No, the open_state of the newsservers, expanded or collapsed, is
persistent. ;)

Hartmut

O.K., so if I leave a server open, the next time I open the mail&
Newsgroup panel, that server will be open and begin to update the
numbers of messages in the news groups.

O.K.

Daniel
No not necessarily. Depends up how you have server settings set in the Mail & Newsgroup Server setting set need to turn on each tine first three times I would set 15 minutes as the least time to check. Need to do this each news group.

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com