David E. Ross wrote:
On 12/4/2009 11:38 AM, cmcadams wrote:
But not in IE. For the first time in my experience. Anyone else?

http://www.politico.com/

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.4)
Gecko/20091017 SeaMonkey/2.0

Works for me.

However, after loading the page, I got a popup (although I have popups
blocked).  The title bar said "The page at http://servscanner03.com
says:"  The content said "Warning!!! Your personal computer needs to
install antivirus software.  Antivir can perform fast and free virus and
malicious software scan of your computer."  When I selected the Cancel
button, some kind of scan started anyway.  I killed it.  I then searched
for any new .exe or .dll files, but I found none.

I have AVG installed.  Although I just updated AVG a few days ago, I'm
updating it again.  I will then scan my whole PC.

In the meantime, I added http://servscanner03.com to my Adblock Plus
filter.

I got the same thing. I got rid of it by adding it to my HOSTS. But, still no Politico homepage. I've notified them of that and of their obnoxious popup. Now I'll be doing a disk scan, too.