Mark Hansen schrieb:
On 12/5/2009 12:12 PM, Devil's Advocate wrote:
I'm using SM 1.1.18 and keep running into various web sites where they
never finish loading and it eventually tells me that a script has timed
out, and asks if I want to stop it. Why is that happening so much?

You're not providing much information here. However, if I had to guess,
it would be that the site was browser sniffing, deciding that you must
be running IE (because they don't detect Firefox) and sending you JS
code that won't run on Gecko.

Can you try spoofing your user agent string to include Firefox and see
if you have the same problem?

This also often happens with poorly designed JS code, which executes too long. The javascript engine of SM1 also is wayyy slower than the SM2 one.
regards

Martin
/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - http://www.gerstbach.at/2004/ascii