n...@home schrieb:
In SM 2, the information is not automatically entered until I put in the
first letter of the user name, a minor hassle when one has multiple
usernames, and not, in my opinion, an improvement.

You can also click in the empty box again to get the menu of all proposals directly.
Though I prefered the auto-fill, too.

So how
can I delete the many misspellings and the extraneous words that pop up
now, short of going back to an earlier version of SM?.

Highlight the entry and press the Del key on your keyboard.
regards

Martin
/\  www.asciiribbon.org   - http://www.gerstbach.at/2004/ascii