Cedar wrote:
chicagofan wrote:
Martin Freitag wrote:
Cedar schrieb:
On a dialup connection, would it be normal to suffer extreme
slowdowns and pauses in the internet connection because of blocking cookies?

Nope.

Any chance this is just seasonal traffic increase due to Christmas
shoppers online? I remember when I was on dial up with AT&T, December
was always a miserable month for me. However, that was a long time ago,
so things may have improved since then.

Well, in general, I doubt if things have improved for us poor ol'
"dialupers", and of course, will not improve any further as its
basically a dead technology.  But, no, it can't be the Christmas
thing....it's just way too extreme for that, and I've never noticed that
before on ours, actually.  Since FF seems to be working quite well, and
the, ugh..."other browser" just flies through it all, it's obviously
something with sm, unfortunately.  Oh well, I guess we can survive with
FF until/if SM's next version improves things.

Sorry... I missed that the "anything goes" other browser is working fine and even FF is better. :)

I don't know the technical explanation for pipelining, just that it is supposed to speed up connections, and that I used it. I would try it as suggested by NoOp, and the other things... switching the settings.
bj