Robert Kaiser wrote:
Paul wrote:
Robert Kaiser wrote:
Paul wrote:
John wrote:
Just re installed 1.1.18 and all the problems I had with SM2.0
vanished. It was really annoying using SM2.0 it kept asking for a
username & password for email accounts. ugly.

I used Netscape 4.08 until a year ago, then went
to SM 1117. I am still with 1117.
I should be good now until about the year 2014.

Congratulations!

I probably just need to realize there are people who give a sh*t about
using secure software. ;-)

Yup!
I am careful.

You surely are not. The list of fixed vulnerabilites in 2.0.1 and 1.1.18
as listed on
http://www.mozilla.org/security/known-vulnerabilities/seamonkey20.html#seamonkey2.0.1
and
http://www.mozilla.org/security/known-vulnerabilities/seamonkey11.html#seamonkey1.1.18
are all things that your 1.1.17 version is vulnerable to, and there are
a few others that were fixed between 1.1.18 and 2.0 that we are not yet
sure where to list correctly on the security pages.

Robert Kaiser
Hi,

The download for SM 2.0.1 is not verifiable, has no certified signature, and per my current SM 2, cannot be trusted. The download notice is from Germany. (No slur intended, just the facts.) What do I do about downloading the new version? Is there is a safe download URL?

Thanks.

Morton Linder
USA