Ant wrote:
On 12/20/2009 8:00 AM PT, Phillip Jones typed:

In v1.x, I open a news/usenet server and it only told me how many
unread
posts and total posts but not download posts. In v2.0.x, it does the
same BUT also download the posts. How can I have v2 NOT download any
posts until I highlight a specific newsgroup?

Edit>  mail and news Groups>  Server Settings.

uncheck in Sever setting uncheck the first two items.

They're already unchecked. :( Opening up a news/usenet server still
downloads.

I also told it to prompt me to download or not if each newsgroup has
over 100 new post. This gets annoying when it prompts for every groups
with over 100 posts after opening a news server. I haven't even clicked
on a newsgroup!
opening the the server even in SM 1.1.18 would download headers. That
exactly it just the headers. you actually read the message off the
server. the bodies are left on the server. the only way message bodies
are saved is if you have messages synchronization set to download when
off line. Then you have set Mozilla as newsgroup to download when Off
line. Then only and only then are bodies downloaded.

Right, but why am I getting prompt to download more than 100 new posts
(just headers) when I set download 100 only or prompt me what to do if
more than 100? When I open up a news/usenet server, I just want to see
how many unread and total posts there are. From here, it sometimes
prompt me when there are more than 100 unread posts in the newsgroups.

You should have chosen mark rest as read.

Once you check mark rest as read its remembered.

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com