Does this mean that,  it is eventually the end  of all 1.x mail?
What about all my filters? Stored Passwords? etc

I use this in a corporate environment and it is going to be very painful
to tell everyone that this is now the end of their email and they will
have to completely start from scratch setting up everything.
I think it is a bit irresponsible to just drop all users on the path to 2.0.

Sure it is trivial for me to write a bash script to do all you mention
below but I am not so sure it will be easy to decipher how to create the
same user accounts and folders  on 2.0 before the script is used for the
migration.

And how about filters? Can anyone tell me if filters can be imported?
This is pretty serious as they work really great for me as I currently
filter on one account and copy the filters to all user accounts which
works very nicely. Almost no spam.

If full import from 1.9 to 2.0 is not possible, anyone interested in
forking development along 1.x ?
I guess it will be only us Linux users who want to fork as on Win you lose your data typically within a year anyway, so 2.0 makes more sense for windows.

Martin Freitag wrote:

No real solution but a possible workaround:
- set up new email-accounts like they were im SM1, close SM2
- copy the old mailbox-files (inbox, sent,...) to the new profile over the new empty files.
- restart SM2

regards
Martin