HenriK wrote:
While I am probably doing something wrong or just plain dumb, I can't seem to get GMail to work with SM v.2.01.

1) What version of Thunderbird does the SM v.2.01 e-mail client most resemble (because GMail gives instructions for Thunderbird set up)?

2) For GMail, which connection approach is recommended when using SM v.2.01, POP or IMAP?

3) Please point me toward an appropriate set-up tutorial for GMail and SM v.2.01 (running under MS XP-Home).

Last, and probably most important, thanks, in advance, to all of you smart young folks who help old geezers like me make things work.

Well, it was a 'just plain dumb' error. I forgot to reset the port number.

Thanks to all for the good advice. Getting old has its hazards. You forget things ......