Upon upgrade af SM to version 2.02 this morning I notice that SM is - still - rather slow, like it was in the previous releases.

I've installed the GTK distributions on my Ubuntu 9.10 work station equipped with 4 1.60 GHz processors and 4GB RAM.

While working, for example saving a mail/news posting, SM will sometimes for a while take more than 50% CPU; and even while idle will inbetween take 20% CPU. During startup SM can take up to 98% CPU. It may influence the CPU load that I use to have half a dozen browser tabs open?

I've got the figures above by monitoring SM through Ubuntu system monitor.

It's my overall subjective experience that SM reacts slowly (sometimes more, sometimes less) in spite of sufficient PC resources.

Do others share that experience?

I'm using SM anyway due to its obvious other qualities for me as a former Netscape user:-)
--
Christian Mondrup, Archive Editor
WIMA: Werner Icking Music Archive