I'm now on 2.02,and here's the problem.
After installing an extension when I restart Seamonkey, the tab bar is not displayed, despite disabling 'Hide tab bar when only one is open'. I also can't create new tabs, nor open any website.
I again restart Seamonkey, and then it works fine.
Or, if I've got both the browser and mail client open, I close the browser window and then click a link in an email, again I get a new window minus tab bar with the website open, but can't open new tabs.