David E. Ross wrote:
On 1/17/2010 11:40 PM, Rufus wrote:
http://www.spruebrothers.com/

Can load the site, but clicking the "enter store" gets me a parsing error. I can get in with Safari and/or Opera.

I assume it's an issue with the site, as I can no longer get into it with SM 1.1.18 either...

The Web server is sniffing for "Firefox" when it should sniff for
"Gecko" -- if sniffing is valid at all.

For an explanation of sniffing, see my
<http://www.rossde.com/internet/Webdevelopers.html#sniff>.  To defeat
sniffing, use spoofing; see my
<http://www.rossde.com/internet/intr_gloss.html#spoof>.  For an
explanation of why sniffing for "Firefox" is wrong, see
<http://wiki.mozilla.org/User:Sardisson/Gecko_is_Gecko>.

After I have breakfast, I'll submit a Tech Evangelism bug report against
the Web site.

I understand about sniffing - that's what I figured. What's odd is that I've been browsing that site with SM for weeks waiting for a restock of an item with no problem...until last night. So they must have broke it updating the site.

...now I gotta figure out a way to get this info to the site manager.

--
     - Rufus