David E. Ross wrote:
On 1/21/2010 8:52 PM, Ralph wrote:
Jim Dell wrote:
Ralph wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 1/18/2010 4:12 PM, Ralph wrote:
"C:\Program Files\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe" %1

You need a separate set of quotes around the %1.

Thanks David.. but
Adding quotes around the %1 does not make it work.. ("C:\Program
Files\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe" "%1")
I changed my default browser to Firefox and the "internet shortcuts"
work just fine. Strangely the data in the Tools>  Folder options>  \\Edit
has not changed, it still shows SeaMonkey and the path. When I change to
IE as my default browser it changes (and shortcuts work). Changing back
to SeaMonkey as the default writes the correct path back but sadly does
not work.

Any more ideas??
Create a new icon by finding SeaMonkey in your start programs menu and
right clicking on it and then using the Sendto item select create
desktop shortcut.

Jim
Thanks Jim but,
I am confused on how this (shortcut) would open the URL of the site I
want to go to. The shortcut opens SeaMonkey alright but with my default
home page. I do not need a desktop shortcut to do that.

Now that I'm sure of what you want, here is how to get it.

1.  Go to the Web page via SeaMonkey or any other browser.

2.  "Normalize" your browser window.  That is, make it less than
maximized on your desktop.  In the upper-right corner of the window,
there are three buttons.  If the middle button shows a single box, the
window is already normalized.  If the middle button shows two boxes --
one overlapping the other -- left-click on that button.

3.  Drag the edges of the window until it is about half the size of your
desktop.  Drag the title bar (the bar at the very top) to move the
window enough to expose a blank area on your desktop.

4.  Position your cursor on the address area of the Navigation bar,
within the area but to the left of the URI of the Web page.  If
positioned correctly, the cursor should become a hand instead of an arrow.

5.  Hold down the left button of your mouse, drag the hand onto your
desktop, and let go of the left button (dropping the hand).  This should
create an Internet Shortcut to the Web page.

You can then move the Internet Shortcut into a folder.  Alternatively,
you can drag and drop the hand directly into a folder.

Thanks for trying to help David... but let's give up

I make many "favicon" shortcuts... dragging the URL to my desktop where it makes a shortcut to that specific page. If I am researching something that I may want to get back to it is an easy way to make a desktop "visible" bookmark.. and then when the project is finished can be easily deleted or placed in a reference folder.

My issue is with a bug in SeaMonkey 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 Where when I click on one of these shortcuts I get a "Windows can not find..." error message, the page will in fact open and when I close the page the error message is still there and until accepted (OK) the desktop is effectively locked.

This "bug" did not exist in version 2.0.0 There can not be any instance of SeaMonkey running, if there is this bug will not occur and the shortcuts open normally

If I make my default browser anything other than SeaMonkey the shortcuts work just fine. (FireFox IE)

If a short cut "you" make in this manner works... while there is no other instance of SeaMonkey running... then this must be a local configuration on my system... but in my opinion, still a bug!

But I do appreciate you trying to help me.