»Q« wrote:
In<news:7rgdnrrlobixa_nwnz2dnuvz_j6dn...@mozilla.org>,
Phillip Jones<pjon...@kimbanet.com>  wrote:

If they want the silly tabs. Fine. If it makes people giddy using
them That's fine as well
Just please keep a way to turn the tab nonsense off. You need to
satisfy all the users and not everyone is enamored with tabs.

Phillip, I could have sworn someone has already helped you turn off
everything to do with tabs.

If you're still seeing tabs where you don't want to, please start a
thread about it and get it fixed the way you want it.

I have tabs turned off for now. But everything opens in new windows (which is better than tabs.) I'd like for it to re-use the current window. I know on SM 1.1.18 there were certain sites that forced new windows. but most would reuse the same window. In SM 2 everything brings up a new window. for example: if I click a link say with this post. It should open the existing browser window, and show the content there. But actually my ISP's home page window is untouched, and I have two window instances. If I click on to another page within that page, most of the time another window comes up. One thing that has changed which helps is that one window lands directly on top of the other. I 1.1.18 would offset one window over and down(cascading).

Just want to keep making the point not everyone desires tabs. And make sure us people that don't, have the ability to customize the way we want. I may be the only one on the groups that does, but there are most likely unspoken thousands, that share my views.

Most people don't know where to share their views and just put up what they are spoon fed whether they like it not.

mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com