NoOp wrote:
On 01/31/2010 08:09 AM, Phillip Jones wrote:
»Q« wrote:
In<news:7rgdnrrlobixa_nwnz2dnuvz_j6dn...@mozilla.org>,
Phillip Jones<pjon...@kimbanet.com>   wrote:

If they want the silly tabs. Fine. If it makes people giddy using
them That's fine as well
Just please keep a way to turn the tab nonsense off. You need to
satisfy all the users and not everyone is enamored with tabs.

Phillip, I could have sworn someone has already helped you turn off
everything to do with tabs.

If you're still seeing tabs where you don't want to, please start a
thread about it and get it fixed the way you want it.

I have tabs turned off for now. But everything opens in new windows
(which is better than tabs.) I'd like for it to re-use the current
window. I know on SM 1.1.18 there were certain sites that forced new
windows. but most would reuse the same window. In SM 2 everything brings
up a new window. for example: if I click a link say with this post. It
should open the existing browser window, and show the content there. But
actually my ISP's home page window is untouched, and I have two window
instances. If I click on to another page within that page, most of the
time another window comes up. One thing that has changed which helps is
that one window lands directly on top of the other. I 1.1.18 would
offset one window over and down(cascading).

Just want to keep making the point not everyone desires tabs. And make
sure us people that don't, have the ability to customize the way we
want. I may be the only one on the groups that does, but there are most
likely unspoken thousands, that share my views.

Most people don't know where to share their views and just put up what
they are spoon fed whether they like it not.

So, let's spoon feed you: *start a new thread*.

I found a solution, and SM works ten times as fast as it did before in the browser. I went back to preferences and chose open *window/Tab* in same window for both Link open Behavior and links from other applications. Then here where I made sure tabs don't show up at all. I ticked the check mark beside use tabs only if middle button (Mouse) plus Return is hit. I'd say it opens pages almost as fast as iCab which seems to be the fastest browser I have. Beats Opera 10
mailto:pjon...@kimbanet.com