On 03.02.2010 23:42, Rufus wrote:

 --- Original Message ---

Philip Chee wrote:
On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 17:31:15 -0800, Rufus wrote:

Maybe that team has more Mac users on it or something, but from my Mac
user standpoint they got a lot of stuff right. Kudos to them.

Their team has at least two Mac users, one full time graphics designer,
and one full time professional User Experience person. I'm sure that if
SeaMonkey can afford to hire such people we could match Thunderbird in
Mac user experience pretty quickly.

Phil

Well, to start with, your users are your best "user experience" people,
some seem to get that and some don't...

... but that's something you're going to have to explain to me - all
this "hired" vs "volunteer" stuff. Who's who, and how are they doing what?

Seeing as all these apps are free, I've been assuming that everyone is a
"volunteer". So, just who is paying the "hired guns", how do they make
enough money on a free product to get paid, and just why and what keeps
it all free?

The "open source community" keeps it free and Mozilla Corporation pays it's staff via contributions, contracts and advertising.

http://blog.lizardwrangler.com/2009/11/19/state-of-mozilla-and-2008/

--
Jay Garcia - Netscape/Flock Champion
www.ufaq.org