On 2/12/2010 4:26 AM, Willard wrote:
Is there a way to add only the new mail to PC#1 from PC#2 and visa versa
in each profile using 1.1.18 on WinXPproSP3 ???

What you are trying to do can be done, but it is not exactly easy and I do not know how this could be automated.

Personally, I would go along those lines:

- In your destination machine, create a dummy mail account (pick a name that will be obvious to you), being careful to choose a unique (as opposed to existing) location in Server Settings, Local Directory. - Replicate the directories of origination machine so that the structure of the account is the exact replica of your "normal" account. - TB being closed, copy all mail files (the ones without extension) to their corresponding location in the dummy account of the destination machine. - When this is, you find yourself with: 1) the account you want to update 2) a copy of the account holding new mail in the dumming account.

So far, this sound like a lot of work, but it is easy, you just need to be methodical not to mess up.

Now, the fun part:

Go into the dummy account and for each subfolder, identify the emails you need to move so that the "normal" account integrates the new emails. It might as simple as looking at dates (if the two machines where not used concurrently) or it can be quite messy if you need to look at emails one by one ...

Once you have selected the emails, it is simply a matter of moving them from the dummy account to the corresponding subfolder of the "normal" account.

Of course, this is realistic only to the extent you are not dealing with too many accounts.

Otherwise, as David mentionned, you need to go IMAP.

I hope I understood right what you want to do and that I explained relatively clearly the procedure I occasionally use when two of my machines have been used concurrently.

One much simpler approach, if you are dealing with only a few new emails, is to consolidate them in an empty subfolder (say, drafs for exemple). Then, make sure the same subfolder is empty in the destination machine (file size of Draft - no extension - should be zero after compacting) and overwrite the Draft file in the destination machine with the Draft file containing new mails. Then you just need to dispatch the new mails where they belong. Much easier, but valid only for a few emails ...

--
John Doue