Juiceman wrote:
Im wondering why Seamonky has never had a yEnc decoder built into the program? Also why people post yEnc pictures? Does yEnc encoded pictures save that much space or bandwidth?

From what I've seen, yEnc isn't particularly well supported...or standardized.

I subscribe to several 3D artists binary groups and sometimes I can see yEnc posts with SM and sometimes I can't - I generally chalk this up to some server in the chain not knowing what to do with yEnc, or a poster switching to a newer version of yEnc that a server (or client) hasn't kept up with. I've seen that on several occasions when I've been able to see someones posts and suddenly can't - the poster then usually comes back and states that he has upgraded or switched versions.

...what I'd rather see is SM being able to support multi-threaded images; ones which are too large and are automatically broken into serial posts. That should be more doable.

--
     - Rufus