On 2/22/2010 4:03 PM, Evan Davidson wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:
Rick Merrill wrote:
I really love the new sort of fill-in-the-blank technique.
It takes a little getting used to because at first all you see is the
blank entry on the form. But as soon as you type the first letter the
pull down list of choice appears. This is great for managing both
login usernames and other stuff.

Is this a joke? One of the most frequently mentioned missing features
in SM 2 is a forms manager. What you have is a "fields manager," which
works on a per-field basis. So if I have a form with 50-60 things to
fill in (I do) and several sets of values for a few of these fields,
you get to go to each and every field, remembering every field that
changes, and select.

Think an order form where you have six offices where things are sent
and the recipient's name, address, phone, and billing info are SETS of
values rather than unrelated alternate values for each field.

Check out the Autofill Forms extension on Phil Chee's site at:
http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#autofillforms

Once you set it up to your liking, it will fill in a whole form at once.

I am a past, SeaMonkey user that left and began using Firefox because of 2.0 abandoning the Old Form Manager. Jus', F. Y. I. I use InFormEnter with FireFox.I am not sure if it is available for SeaMonkey, but if it is, I think it is worth a try.

MikeyG