In <news:xckdnd8nvpwqyhjwnz2dnuvz_qcdn...@mozilla.org>,
"David E. Ross" <nob...@nowhere.invalid> wrote:

> On 23-Feb-10 6:19 PM, »Q« wrote:
> > In <news:78kdnrgxln4x5rnwnz2dnuvz_vcdn...@mozilla.org>,
> > "David E. Ross" <nob...@nowhere.invalid> wrote:
> >
> >> I tried to access a secure Web site today and got the following
> >> error popup:
> >> "www.ftcomplaintassistant.gov uses an invalid security certificate.
> >> The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is
> >> not trusted.
> >> (Error code: sec_error_untrusted_issuer)"
> >
> > I guess you mean <https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/> instead,
> > but it works for me.           ^^^
>
> Yes, I mistranscribed the message.  It would be nice if SeaMonkey (and
> other Mozilla) popups had content that could be marked and copied.
>
> >> How can I determine the issuer certificate so that I can either
> >> correct my configuration (in case I turned off the wrong trust
> >> bits) or else notify the U.S. Federal Trade Commission that they
> >> have a problem with their site certificate?
> >
> > I'm not sure, because I don't get a popup in cases like that.  If
> > there's a link or button for something like "I understand the
> > risks" or "add exception", clicking that should get you to a place
> > where you can first view the certificate then accept it either
> > permanently or just for the session.
>
> There is no such button.

I don't get the modal dialog popup that you've filed bug 548380 about.
Instead, I get this:

<http://temp.remarqs.net/cert1.png>

And if I click "I Understand the Risks", this:

<http://temp.remarqs.net/cert2.png>

Then clicking "Add Exception" will let me view the cert and accept it
if I want to.

This example was for a domain name mismatch, but I get a similar thing
whenever there's an issue with a certificate.  Firefox switched away
from the modal dialogs a couple of versions ago, and SM 2 shouldn't be
using them AFAIK.

I didn't think the dialog popups were still available, and I'm not sure
why your getting them instead of what I'm seeing.

--
                                    ASCII Ribbon Campaign        \ /