Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
u...@domain.invalid wrote:

I just loaded Seamonkey v. 2.0.3 over 1.1.17 and seem to have lost
43,000 messages in the Inbox. The install seemed normal and asked if i
wanted to import a range of information, including mail which was
selected.

It imported all other boxes and profiles except my Inbox.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Assuming you've installed v.2 to a different location from v.1 (so you
have two inboxes, one for each version), you might try compacting
folders in v.2 to see if the messages magically reappear. If that
doesn't help, you can then go on to copy the v.1 inbox to the v.2 folder
(with both programs closed, of course).

Agree that 43,000 messages is way too many for the inbox.

Paul:

I accepted the default location for the install and did not pay much attention to where the program was installing v. 2.0.3. 1.1.7 in not around any more so I can not check it. I am running an up to date XP Pro OS on C: and Seamonkey was installed to D:

I checked the path MCBastos gave us and find one one random.default string which has four sub folders... 'Local Folders', pop1.attglobal-1.net, pop1.attglobal.net, pop.gmail.com.

the pop1.attglobal-1.net has a 750 Meg inbox in it
the other pop1 has an 839 KB inbox and is the one that is in the local director server settings....

I suspect the large inbox is the old e-mail.  So  -- the question.

How do I change the "local directory" settings to point to the attglobal-1.net folder? I tried to do it with the program open by using the browse box but it did not work.

Indeed I would like to make the large file an archive or an archive but do not know how to get back and forth to access it and then get into the smaller file.

Any suggestions on where I go from here appreciated.

Kind regards,
John Clemente

Where to next