cmcadams schrieb:
Nope. I _uninstalled_ SM1 once; profile was (and is) still present in
the default location. SM2 was then installed, and this thread was the
result.

I see a little too much difference of opinion on ways and means,
hereabouts, for total comfort. I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt a bit for
"the developers" to establish some official, specific guidelines for
manual profile transplants on the SM pages ...

There is, but that doesn't help if you don't read them:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_migration_-_SeaMonkey

This link is also mentioned in the Release Notes under the known issues:
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.0.3/#issues
The fact that your profile is not at the standard location results in not being imported automatically I guess. So just perform the necessary steps to migrate and you're done.
regards

Martin