Max Winter wrote:
My Firefox "bookmarks.html" file does not contain MY
bookmarks, it only contains those bookmarks that came with Firefox, (same with the bookmarks backup file), so
where are mine? I read on one Mozilla page they are in the "places.sqlite" file in the
"fdhyr8rq.default" folder which is in the Firefox "Profiles" folder.

I also saw on another page that to copy bookmarks to Seamonkey from Firefox you use the "Organize
Bookmarks ->  Import and Backup ->  Export HTML" command from Firefox and then import the
"bookmarks.html" file to Seamonkey. All that does, as mentioned above, is give me the bookmarks
that originally came with Firefox.

And as you no doubt know, you can't use the Export HTML command to export "places.sqlite"
because it HAS to have an "html" extension. So, I tried deleting the places.sqlite file
from Seamonkey and replacing it with a copy of the Firefox places.sqlite file. Didn't change a
thing!

So, how do I export them to Seamonkey when the Export HTML function will only
let me export an html file, which, as stated previously, does not actually
contain the bookmarks I want to export?

Shouldn't this be a simpler process if both Firefox and Seamonkey are from
Mozilla? Is Mozilla TRYING to become as bad as Microsoft? (As much as I detest
Microsoft at least their Favorites are easily exportable).

Help.

Try opening Firefox. Choose Organize Bookmarks, then Import and Backup, then Export HTML. Choose a location for the resulting file that will be easy to find.

Then use the resulting bookmarks.html to import into SeaMonkey. It's actually a pretty simple process.

Lee