Daniel wrote:
Monica wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:
Monica wrote:

I am using SM 2.0.3. Windows XP pro sp3.

After one of the last 2-3 SM updates (can´t remember exactly which
one) the following happens when I create a new mail account; SM for
some reason puts it in a "wrong" location on my hard drive.

Before the update it put all my mail accounts in C:\Documents and
Settings\Administratör\Application
Data\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\s0r5u2w5.slt\Mail\

After the update it puts it in a place that actually doesn´t really
exist on my hard drive (SM creates it)
C:\Program\Netscape\Users\Netscape 7.1\tng6b77b.slt\Mail\

I don´t have Netscape 7.1 on my computer! I have even tried to delete
the mail accounts that have been placed there, and then deleted the
created Netscape folder/subfolders from under Program and then tried
to create the mail accounts again to get them in the right location.
It does not work, SM continues to create that particular path to put
all my new mail accounts in.

Does anyone have a clue as to what could be going on here?

Unless you are creating them in a new profile, no. If these are going in
a new profile, maybe. When creating a new profile you can tune where
things are put (I'm not running Windows so i won't assume it's identical
to Linux). If you ever had Netscape on the machine there might be
left-over cruft in the registry or other control location which has that
string and directory.

You can try creating another new profile and see if it offers to put it
in NetScape... Quick detective work.

No I´m not creating them in a new profile. However, in profile manager I
can see a profile called "default" which I do not use, nor have I ever
created it.

I tried the trick you wrote about above, to create a new profile. It did
not offer to put the new profile in Netscape, but under the same path as
my "old" ones; in C:\Documents and Settings\Administratör\Application
Data\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\

Could there be something strange going on with that "default" profile
(which SM must have created when I upgraded), even though I don´t use it?

Monica have a look at Edit->Mail&Newsgroup Account Settings, select
"Server Settings" of your Mail Account and at the bottom of that Screen
it shows the location of your Local Directory. Is this set to your real
profile location or to the imaginary Netscape location??

Daniel
Sorry that I haven´t replied until now but I´ve been away.

All my current Mail Accounts are (now) set to my real profile location. But, as soon as I try and create a new mail account it gets set to the "imaginary Netscape location"!!!