Sat, 03 Apr 2010 17:13:38 -0400, /Paul B. Gallagher/:
Stanimir Stamenkov wrote:

Is there a way (extension?) to allow one to zoom just text without bothering the default full zoom? It is all right if the solution provides full zoom while the default is text zoom. I just want to have text zoom and full zoom separately without the need to constantly change the application wide setting.

Have you tried the Windows Magnifier, under Accessories | Accessibility?

It'll show you magnified text in a small pane, following the cursor around, while leaving the main pane unaffected. If you like it, set a global keyboard shortcut to turn it on and off.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I don't really need the Windows Magnifier. I need a convenient way to zoom just text (like with SeaMonkey 1/Firefox 2) without changing the global zoom setting of full zoom vs. text zoom (SeaMonkey 2/Firefox 3), i.e. I would like to have some of the pages zoomed using full zoom and some of the pages having just the text enlarged (and may be some using a combination of the two methods). This is mainly for testing the styling and layout of the pages and how it behaves in face of text size changes beyond the author control, not that I personally need more accessibility aids.

--
Stanimir