Interviewed by CNN on 18/4/2010 23:12, flyguy told the world:
> My wife has some folders with 5000-7000 messages, which take a long time
> to compact, even though it's a dual core machine. Is there any way to
> set a time for SM to do the compacting, so it doesn't block normal use
> of the email?

Speaking from personal experience, having big folders make the mail
client quite slow even for simple tasks like opening a folder. I got
into the habit of periodically (usually once a year) moving old messages
to a separate subfolder. This has the consequence of tremendously
speeding up the compacting process -- since the bulk of messages are in
folders that *never change*, only the "working" folders are compacted.

--
MCBastos

use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

-=-=-
... Itseemsalittlecrowdedinheredontyouthink?