Thirty years of email and I never knew that "-- " was the standard
delimiter. Thank you.

> I can't imagine how you can trick SeaMonkey into doing it your way
> unless you're manually adding your first name to every message.

Actually, the signature line in question _is_ added manually; I
change it for various contexts. The rest -- my address -- is the sig
file. And I'm using Pegasus Mail in any case.

> As you can see, your inclusion of text on the same line after the space
> prevents my SeaMonkey from recognizing your sig as such, so it doesn't
> automatically snip it when I reply.

So any time I put "-- " by itself on a line, everything below that is
snipped? At what point in the process? Since I don't use a browser as
a mail handler, I'm curious as to how widespread the convention
actually is. It can be standard without being much known or observed;
I've been managing LISTSERV lists for a long time and I think it's
pretty much totally unknown among my list subscribers.

> --
> War doesn't determine who's right, just who's left.
> --
> Paul B. Gallagher

Russ Hunt
Department of English