On 5/3/2010 3:47 PM, Robert Kaiser wrote:
hawker schrieb:
I don't see anything like that yet in SM2.x. Are there plans to pull
those search capabilities into a future version of SM? When?

Once someone writes code to do so. The actual backend for building and
querying the index do exist in SeaMonkey 2.0, but there's no UI to use
it (and building the index is turned off). Even an add-on should be able
to make use of it, so feel free to experiment with building one if you can!

Robert Kaiser

Thank you that is very helpful.
So it sounds like the hooks are there, just not enough manpower to implement it and no definitive plans to do so yet.

As for me codding/experimenting. I'm a hardware designer. Last time I let a software person work on my hardware I had a smoked laptop and JTAG adapter. You don't even what to know what happens if you try to unleash a hardware person on software ;-)

Rule #16387 of engineering. Never let a hardware developer write code, especially if they think they can.