On 6/4/2010 4:14 PM, L. Mark Hall wrote:
> There seems to be some confusion here.
>
> I started a new thread about problems I am having with pdf files, thus
> the subject line. I just checked, and the message was posted to
> support-seamonkey@lists.mozilla.org and no one else, so I am not sure
> where the confusion came from.
>
> Sorry if someone thinks I am replying to their thread. Replies to the
> question about pop3 and imap will have the subject line,
>
> Re: email pop3/imap
>
> and not something else.
>
> LMH

Your message was "threaded" under Stan's message. Threading involves more
than  just the subject line. I use a news reader which understands threading,
as do most people, I suspect, so I see your message as a response to Stan's
message.

My guess is that you created your message as a response to Stan's message,
then changed the subject line - thinking this was enough to create your
own new message. To create your own new message, you actually need to create
a new message, and not reply to another message.

I hope this helps clear this up.

Best Regards,