Ray_Net wrote:

> Ed Mullen wrote:
>> http://validator.w3.org/
>
> yes .... but http://home.scarlet.be/~pin10521/TESTPAGE.HTM  works
> correctly with all browsers ....

Well, to be truthful, there is so little there that could go wrong.
However, there are still errors in that page.

Errors found while checking this document as HTML 4.01 Transitional!
Result:    2 Errors, 2 warning(s)

> Just an idea ... How many web pages in percent are W3C compliants
> without any error or warning in the world ? :-)

A doctoral student did his thesis on this very question a few years ago,
and reported on it in some of the web authoring groups. He wrote
automated software that accessed and tested millions of web pages. The
result at that time was that less than 7% were valid. I doubt if it is
any better now, and might even be worse based on new stuff I see every
day.

There are soooo many 'professional' web developers who apparently have
never heard of error-free coding. "It looks ok in IE7!"

--
   -bts